Mesotherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic medicine treatment. Mesotherapy employs multiple injections of pharmaceutical and homeopathic medications, plant extracts and stem cells, vitamins, hydrators, and other ingredients into the skin. Here at Vigam Medical Spa, we offer MesoTherapy U225 , the French made U225 is the most sophisticated mesotherapy injector currently available on the market. This mesogun is one of the most popular mesotherapy guns available.
One month prior to the procedure, topical medications can be applied daily to prevent the risk of post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. An SPF 30 sunscreen should always be applied daily. Some patients may require oral antiviral medication, which may begin the day of the procedure and continue for 5-10 days. Avoid Retin-A, Renova, Differin (Adapalene 0.1%), or any products containing Retinol, AHA or BHA and Benzol Peroxide for a few days prior to procedure. DO NOT EXFOLIATE. Accutane should not be taken for 6 months prior to a deep chemical peel.
- Immediately following the procedure, ice should be applied to the area & may be applied as needed to reduce swelling for the first 24-48 hours. You will note some redness, stinging, & burning within 15 minutes to 2 hours after treatment, and later, swelling and bruising, which peaks between 6-72 hours.
- Do NOT wash or take a shower for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Arnica gel applied three times a day x 48 hours will help resolve bruising. Sublingual Arnica 30 may also be used.
- Do NOT take anti-inflammatories (aspirin, Motrin, etc.) or Vitamin E for 24 hours after injections. You may use general painkillers (e.g. Tylenol) for any discomfort or use any prescription medications given to you.
- Hot tubs, saunas, Jacuzzis, and massages are NOT recommended for 48 hours after treatment. AFTER 48 hours, hotbaths or showers are recommended to assist in the healing.Sauna before treatment can aid to mobilize the fat.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, sauna or heat for about two weeks after undergoing this procedure.
- Avoid any bathing in oceans or open water (outdoor) for at least a week after treatment.
- Massaging the treated area for about 15 minutes per day for two weeks after treatment will aid to process the fat elimination.
- Walking 20-30 minutes daily during the course of the treatment will aid in effectiveness. Avoid any strenuous exercise (anything that would cause you to sweat or increase your heart rate) for 48 hours after injections. After 48 hours, you can resume regular physical activities as tolerated.
- Should any redness or a small lump be experienced, use warm compresses several times a day. If any open area is experienced, use Polysporin Ointment (NOT NEOSPORIN) to the affected area along with the warm compresses. You may experience several post-inflammatory nodules. These indicate ongoing fat necrosis (a good thing…) These will disappear within 30 days.
- Drink LOTS of fluids (water) the first 24 hours.
- Eat extra fiber to bind toxins excreted in GI tract. Follow a low carbohydrate, high protein diet for 72 hours post treatment. Best results are obtained with high protein shakes five times a day and one low carbohydrate meal which consists of vegetables such as a salad with dressing, steamed vegetables and a meat/fish/chicken which has been baked or broiled (no potato or bread). This does not have to be followed to get good results, but will optimize these results.
- Avoid alcohol to facilitate hepatic handling of toxins.
- Results from treatment can often be noticed after 2nd or 3rd sessions, about 4 to 5 weeks after your last treatment depending on your metabolism and body type. Evidence of mild skin retraction may begin to appear at 10-14 days post-injection. This improvement may be more evident in a photograph than in your own estimation. Inflammation will be present up to 4 weeks after treatment, which will limit any visible results. The inflammatory response continues and you may not see the final results for up to one year.
- Make follow-up appointment for 4 weeks. If you are having more than one body part treated simultaneously, make an appt. in 2 weeks alternately.
- Call the medical office if you have any questions or concerns.